I don't know about anyone else, but this year I'm not really feeling as Christmassy as I'd like to be. This time of the year is hectic and stressful with deadlines, work, present buying and whatnot, so it's often quite difficult to feel prepared for all the festiveness. I've recently been doing simple things to get me into the festive spirit and shake off the bah-humbug attitude and decided to share them with those of you who aren't feeling it this year too.
1. Baking | Whether it's baking shortbread shaped stars or building your own gingerbread house, it definitely helps to get you in the festive spirit. Pop a Christmas playlist on the background, maybe grab an extra pair of hands and spend a cold afternoon baking delicious treats.
2. Christmas Movies | Netflix has a few I believe and I know some channels are starting to pop some on, but watching a Christmas film can definitely get you in the mood. Some of my personal favourites are Disney's Christmas Carol, The Polar Express and The Nightmare Before Christmas. Can you tell I like animated movies?
3. Change Makeup | Guys probably won't follow this tip so much, but for those beauty addicts simply swapping your lipstick to red or purple and your matte eyeshadows to glitter, can really help. I always like to change my makeup routine up every now and then, plus this is the perfect time of year to be able to go bold with makeup.
4. Visit Markets | There are loads of festive markets on at the moment, so it is worth checking some out and stuffing your face with burgers and churros. I love markets at this time of year you find some really quirky gift ideas too.
5. Games | Christmas is all to do with family and spending time with loved ones, so what better way to bond then playing some games? I have a puzzle book from The Range, filled with Christmas crosswords, word-searches, Sudoku and colouring in. These are great for relaxing as well if you are feeling overwhelmed with Christmas shopping.
6. Ice Skating | Not much of a skater myself, but it is good fun to wrap up in hat, gloves and scarf and go ice skating with a couple of friends.
What have you done to get into the festive spirit??