|source – Makeup Savvy|
If like me, you've overindulged in way too much food over the Christmas (yes, I am talking about you sweet mince pies!), it's sometimes difficult to ditch the chocolate and go straight into a hardcore 28 day fitness challenge or some sort of juice diet. In fact, it's quite overwhelming and most of the time people give up after a week or 2, which is why I like to make small adjustments to my everyday life. I feel a lot healthier in myself by doing these simple steps and have noticed I am a lot more motivated to keep in shape.
1. Get Plenty Of Sleep - Our bodies need a solid 8 hours sleep to recover and function therefore it's beneficial to get into a routine of zoning out around the same time every night. I did struggle with this, especially since I got into a routine of watching movies or playing on my Xbox till midnight over the Christmas. I find writing down a daily plan of what needs done and giving myself a time frame on that activity really helpful. I actually find I get more done in a day when I do this and still have time for my 8 hours sleep.
2. Drink Lots Of Water - I try to aim for around 2/3 litres of water per day and I have been doing this for the past 4/5 years now. Keeping yourself hydrated is SO important, it not only helps flush bad toxins out, but it also helps you feel more energized. I know water can seem quite bland, but it helps to pop it into a cute water bottle or add some fruit/Chia seeds to it.
3. Take Vitamins - I eat quite a lot of vitamins in everyday food anyways, but for those of you who don't like certain food groups taking vitamins is definitely something I'd recommend as they don't require any real effort. I got poorly twice in the space of a month near the end of last year, so I decided to up my vitamin intake to keep my immune system in better condition. Definitely look into these I get mine from Holland & Barrett's or MyProtein.
4. Switch Your Snacks - It's really beneficial if you're a snacker like myself to carry around healthy treats. Ditch the chocolate bar for a handful of raisins, the crisps for salted popcorn or biscuits for some fruit. I've been snacking a lot on rice cakes or carrot sticks with hummus.
5. Keep Busy - We all enjoy lazy Netflix day's right? They're totally acceptable after a long day at work. However, if it becomes too much of a habit that your dishes pile is 3 days old it may be worth getting out of your rut. I always try to keep myself busy and productive whether that's changing my bedding, walking to the shops etc. It's good to keep yourself busy as you find you'll have much more energy do keep active.
What small things do you do to stay health??